Things I liked:
- Great sense of humor, lots of hilarious jokes and jabs about dictators and communism
- Good variety of buildings
- Campaign mode is quite long and kept missions varied, interesting, and funny with different scenarios (I only got about halfway through)
- Islands varied in difficulty based on the amount of resources available and frequency of natural disasters.
- No zones mechanic like in SimCity. I really like how I get to choose exactly what to build, although this can lead to tedious micromanaging at times.
- Organization of building menu was often confusing and the interface and controls could've been a bit better.
- How to use some buildings and edicts was often not explained well
- Normal speed is too slow. Fortunately there are 2 and 3x speed settings. Unfortunately these are both often still too slow. I always played at 3x.
- Missing some useful mechanics like being able to upgrade several buildings at once or building wider roads for more traffic. Traffic was often a problem on my islands.
Hours Played: 25
Final Score: 4/5